GOODNIGHT, WHATEVER YOU ARE!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two Slaps Playlist (WLUW)

Lab Rat:

Amy Winehouse feat. Ghostfacekillah - You Know I'm No Good
United 8 - Getting Uptown (to Get Down)
Dynamic Tints - Package of Love Part 1

Billy Stewart - Summertime
Eddie Floyd - Knock on Wood

Lou Rawls - Love Is a Hurtin Thing
Houseguests - What So Never the Dance - Pt. 1 & 2
Eugene McDaniels - Headless Heroes
Chicago Afrobeat Projects - Talking Heads

Arvo:

The Solitaires - I Really Love You So
The Pentagons - To Be Loved (For)
The Monotones - Book of Love
Hank Ballard and The Midnighters - I Could Love You

Hank Ballard - From The Love Side
Dynamic Tints - Package of Love Pt. 1
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Lovey Dovey
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Natural Born Lover

Lab Rat:

Homer Banks - A Lot of Love
Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - If This Ain't Love (I Don't Know What Is)

The Supremes - Love is Like an Itching in My Heart
The Five Stairsteps - You Don't Love Me
Jean Dushon - Second Class Lover

Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool In Love
Lee Dorsey - A Lover Was Born
Jimmy Norman - Gangster of Love Pts 1 & II

Arvo:

The Politicians - Love Machine (Vocal)
Renald Domino - You Need To Be Loved On
Tom & Jerrio - Come On And Love Me
The Shirelles & King Curtis - Love Is A Swingin' Thing
The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow

The Velvelettes - Let Love Live (A Little Bit Longer)
The Shangri-Las - Love You More Than Yesterday
Noreen Corcoran - Love Kitten
What Four - Baby I Dig Your Love

Ray Charles - Hallelujah I Love Her So
James & Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jean DuShon was shocked when I asked her about "Second Class Lover." She had forgotten she recorded the tune.

When I told her that it was a cult classic all over Europe, she went into shock. "'Second Class Lover'," she asked? "I had forgotten all about that one...and they are playing it in Europe?" She fell out laughing.

She remembers doing it in two takes with some "very loud backing singers."

Arvo said...

Heh, thanks! It's a great song. I wish I'd played it.